Winyl > Winyl - General

Discussion about Winyl 3

(1/10) > >>

Alexander:
Discussion about Winyl 3.

smaragdus:
Thanks for the new version!
I tested the portable build because I didn't dare install it over Winyl 2.9.4. The portable version is an excellent idea. I tested it for about 15 minutes and didn't encounter any problems.
I don't like the new flat skins so I will have to keep the good old ones.
I didn't find a way to add my own favourite radio stations- is this possible?
I hoped that version 3.0 of Winyl would have support of Cue Sheets (CUE files) but it doesn't. This feature is essential for me. Does the developer have any plans to implement support for Cue Sheets?
Regards

Alexander:

--- Quote from: smaragdus on May 13, 2014, 11:54:14 PM ---I tested the portable build because I didn't dare install it over Winyl 2.9.4.

--- End quote ---
You can install it over 2.9.4 without any worries, the installer will update the old version.

--- Quote from: smaragdus on May 13, 2014, 11:54:14 PM ---I didn't find a way to add my own favourite radio stations- is this possible?

--- End quote ---
Main menu -> Add to Playlist -> Radio/URL

--- Quote from: smaragdus on May 13, 2014, 11:54:14 PM ---I hoped that version 3.0 of Winyl would have support of Cue Sheets (CUE files) but it doesn't. This feature is essential for me. Does the developer have any plans to implement support for Cue Sheets?

--- End quote ---
Yes, it's planned for 3.1.

smaragdus:
Alexander, thank you for the tip about adding radio stations, I thought I should add stations from 'Radios' menu. I have already managed to add to Winyl some of my favourite stations:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2nbuh5i.png

and Winyl played all of them without any problems. Winyl even showed a notification about the played radio track nicely which I didn't expect- great job, many thanks! Since I have lots of favourite stations I would like to ask whether there is a way to export the playlist that contains all these stations in case that I have to re-install OS since adding stations one by one is a tedious and time-consuming job.

About Cue Sheets- support for CUEs is extremely important for me because I have at least 100 disks ripped in this pattern- Disk Name.APE (or FLAC, or WV) plus Disk Name.APE.CUE and these CUE files help me to navigate through these huge single lossless audio files and play the individual tracks inside them. In fact the lack of support for Cue Sheets is the main reason why Winyl is not my default audio player (AIMP, foobar2000 and since recently XMPlay all have an excellent support for CUEs. So I will wait for the release of Winyl 3.1 with great expectations and little patience.  :)

Yes, I installed Winyl 3.0.0.0 over Winyl 2.9.4.0 and there were no problems at all- the conversion of music library was fast, fluent and successful (about 500 GB of audio files)- all settings were remembered and all old skins- intact. Nice!

I would like to suggest a tiny new feature- hovering the mouse cursor over a folder inside 'Folders' menu shows the full name of the folder- this would be handy and useful especially when users have folders with quite long names- for example- Gaspard Le Roux - Pieces de Clavecin - Christophe Rousset.

Regards from Sofia, Bulgaria,

Asen

Midas:
Thank you very much, Alexander. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version