Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: My observations  (Read 7249 times)

February 15, 2010, 12:21:24 AM
    • View Profile
My observations
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »
Thank you for this great player. It's a real shame that most people haven't heard about it.

My observations:

1. It does not display album covers embedded in mp3 files.
2. There is no "Open file location" and "Remove" on right click menu.
3. Artists are grouped in library window but Albums are not. If I have one album of 20 various artists, there are 20 items of same album.
4. There is no right click menu in library window.
5. It is not possible to select multiple items holding shift or ctrl in library window, no drag and drop from library window.
6. In library window when I select item and press a letter on keyboard it does not jump to item starting with that letter.
7. First item in Artists should be "All (n Artists)", for Albums "All (n Albums)"...
8. Search box needs "Search all" (not just track, album or artist).
9. Windows 7 features would be great http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378460(VS.85).aspx.
10. Columns are much nicer and easier to use than expandable trees. Categories (Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Radio and Playlist) should always be visible on top (not expandable). Items of selected category should be listed in column beneath (see photoshopped image).

Keep up the great work! :)

9. Windows 7 integration, foo_w7shell:

10. photoshopped image:

February 16, 2010, 10:52:15 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My observations
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:52:15 PM »
1. It does not display album covers embedded in mp3 files.
6. In library window when I select item and press a letter on keyboard it does not jump to item starting with that letter.
9. Windows 7 features would be great
It's planned.

Main Menu->Add to Playlist->File

3. Artists are grouped in library window but Albums are not. If I have one album of 20 various artists, there are 20 items of same album.
Will be fixed in the future versions.

4. There is no right click menu in library window.
Currently right click menu available only for the playlists.

5. It is not possible to select multiple items holding shift or ctrl in library window, no drag and drop from library window.
The library just additional window, all these actions is available from the playlist.

7. First item in Artists should be "All (n Artists)", for Albums "All (n Albums)"...
The player never shows all the songs because the performance can drop with a large number of files.

10. Columns are much nicer and easier to use than expandable trees. Categories...
But some features will be impossible with such control, anyway in the future will be an alternative view of library.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:03:16 PM by Alexander »

February 18, 2010, 05:23:01 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
Main Menu->Add to Playlist->File

What I meant was to locate song on hard disk using Windows explorer (to open containing folder). That would be a time saver. I miss that feature from WMP and foobar. Right now I have to open Properties to see file location. :)

February 19, 2010, 04:04:51 AM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:51 AM »
What I meant was to locate song on hard disk using Windows explorer (to open containing folder). That would be a time saver. I miss that feature from WMP and foobar. Right now I have to open Properties to see file location. :)

Oh, now I understand, this feature is planned for the next version.