Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Some tips and bugs  (Read 7381 times)

April 08, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
    • View Profile
    • Email
Some tips and bugs
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
Hi, I found some things that are in my opinion missing in Winyl. I also found some bugs, so here is the list:
1. -Good thing would be when I am for example in albums and I press some letter on keyboard it will jump on the first album starting with this letter (like in windows explorer it jumps on first file).
2. -Winamp have one advantage that I didn't find in Winyl -> when some track in playlist starts to play it shows a little bar with artist, song name and album cover.
3. -Also a numeric track position (or time left) is somehow missing.
4. -Sometime when I want to click on a track in left part of window I click on stars, but I don't want to rate songs. So I think that it will be good when there will be a option to turn off the songs rating.
5. -Useful and practical would be a possibility to somehow change width of right part of window (song list - library).
6. -This is just a visual but it would be nice when also scroll bars will be skinned.
7. -This one isn't tip but bug -> I have a two albums made by different artists but with the same album name. The problem is that when I'm listing by album, Winyl throws tracks from both albums in one (so I have two 1st tracks, two 2nd tracks etc).
8. -And second bug that I found is that when I'm moving in album list (in right part), program don't change to these albums in the left part. I have to click on the album to show its content.

But in spite of these bugs, your player is brilliant and very practical. It is the music player that I was looking for a long time. :)

April 09, 2009, 02:03:33 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some tips and bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 02:03:33 PM »
1. -Good thing would be when I am for example in albums and I press some letter on keyboard it will jump on the first album starting with this letter (like in windows explorer it jumps on first file).
Will be in the next versions.

2. -Winamp have one advantage that I didn't find in Winyl -> when some track in playlist starts to play it shows a little bar with artist, song name and album cover.
If you mean a popup window with information about the song, it's planned.

3. -Also a numeric track position (or time left) is somehow missing.
It depends on the skin, maybe we will add it to some of the standard skins.

4. -Sometime when I want to click on a track in left part of window I click on stars, but I don't want to rate songs. So I think that it will be good when there will be a option to turn off the songs rating.
Songs rating can be hidden only by editing the skin.

5. -Useful and practical would be a possibility to somehow change width of right part of window (song list - library).
There are some complexities with this, we think about it.

6. -This is just a visual but it would be nice when also scroll bars will be skinned.
It's planned.

7. -This one isn't tip but bug -> I have a two albums made by different artists but with the same album name. The problem is that when I'm listing by album, Winyl throws tracks from both albums in one (so I have two 1st tracks, two 2nd tracks etc).
Yes, this is a bug, will be fixed in the next release.

8. -And second bug that I found is that when I'm moving in album list (in right part), program don't change to these albums in the left part. I have to click on the album to show its content.
I do not quite understand what you mean, please specify.

But in spite of these bugs, your player is brilliant and very practical. It is the music player that I was looking for a long time. :)
Thanks. :)

April 09, 2009, 07:18:01 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »
I do not quite understand what you mean, please specify.
When I select some album from list program shows its content (songs and cover) in left part. But when I move selection to another album with arrows up and down instead of clicking on it, in left part is still the content of previous album selected by click. I don't know if this is bug or purpose but it appears like bug.

April 10, 2009, 04:21:28 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:21:28 PM »
Yes, I see now, this is not purpose, this is bug, will be fixed in the next release.