Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: A couple suggestions  (Read 2943 times)

March 02, 2011, 10:27:53 PM
    • View Profile
A couple suggestions
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »
First of all, this is an amazing sounding music player to which there are none like it. Before this player I was using AIMP2 which also has incredible sound quality, but after listening to Winyl, there was just something more "full" about the sound. So great job!  :)

I do have a couple suggestions.

1.) Global hot keys. I would like to be able to assign hot keys which can be used whether Winyl has focus or not.

2.) Quick Search. It would be nice if there was a global hot key for searching the library. Basically take the search box thats built into Winyl and make it its own window, where results will show up under it. This would make searching the library much more intuitive if you're only looking for a specific song or artist to quickly add to your playlist.

Thanks.

March 03, 2011, 09:03:14 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A couple suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »
1.) Global hot keys. I would like to be able to assign hot keys which can be used whether Winyl has focus or not.
Settings->Hotkeys... (or press F7)

2.) Quick Search. It would be nice if there was a global hot key for searching the library. Basically take the search box thats built into Winyl and make it its own window, where results will show up under it. This would make searching the library much more intuitive if you're only looking for a specific song or artist to quickly add to your playlist.
The similar feature is planned, but implementation will be another.

March 04, 2011, 01:33:31 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
Re: A couple suggestions
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:33:31 AM »
Glad to hear it.

I guess then I just meant I wish there were more Global hot key options. Bringing up the library by Global hot key would be VERY valuable to me.