Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Some Suggestions for Winyl  (Read 1673 times)

April 29, 2016, 06:35:31 PM
    • View Profile
    • Email
Some Suggestions for Winyl
« on: April 29, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »
1. Add “TAK”format support (It's always found in ACG music)

2. Make a Remote app for Winyl (iOS or Android)

3. Add a new function:play music from memory instead of hdd (This is used in foobar、jplay、jriver and etc)

Winyl is powerful、simple、undivided,I hope the author look for my suggestions

April 29, 2016, 07:02:21 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some Suggestions for Winyl
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »
I have used foobar2k,WMP12,musicbee,jriver,jplay,hqplayer,BHE

In these player,foobar2k support almost all music format,but hard to use,(components setting、Media Library  filter(for example:cue) and etc)

musicbee support almost all music format, but not support play music in memory, and remote app is not very well

jriver not support tak, and not  undivided,play tta have a problem:Always lose 0.5s in a music‘s start,media library can’t  real-time monitored,if your music information changed,must manual setting  them,but jriver‘s remote app “jremote” is very good

WMP12 not support many music format,but UI is ok

jplay mini、hq、bhe not support many music format, and UI is too  ugly...

So I hope  author  refer to these,make winyl become better and better

April 30, 2016, 05:50:34 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 05:50:34 PM »
Play from memory is useless, Winyl plays great from SMB shares without loss of quality.

The mobile version has been already discussed, unfortunately author does not have resources to develop on all the platforms.

Format support is a thing to consider, although you can always convert to more common formats (such as FLAC) that Winyl supports well.

May 26, 2016, 03:42:17 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:42:17 AM »
+1 for the TAK support, it should be the last piece “not terribly unpopular format” Winyl is short of.

Nevertheless, the personal priority that prevents Winyl from being my player of choice is the lack of CD playback ability.
Over the decades I have got tons and tons of CDs, ripping them all is not a way as it would be spending my whole life and disk space. While I did ripped a selection of frequently listened albums, I inescapably have the occasional needs to be able to play CDs.

Winyl is a not-so-minimalist’s dream, light, fast, easy yet essential. Could TAK and CD palyback be supported it will truly perfected to be the one and only “nothing less, nothing more” player to enjoy enjoying music.

Much appreciated.

May 29, 2016, 05:55:04 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »
If you will gradually rip to FLAC only those CDs you want to listen to, you can use current Winyl for "CD" playback. One rip takes max 5 minutes on modern PC, using WMP or EAC.