Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 11735 times)

May 20, 2009, 12:15:27 PM
    • View Profile
A few suggestions
« on: May 20, 2009, 12:15:27 PM »

- It would be nice to control the volume with the mouse wheel when the cursor is above the lower bar, or at least above the volume control.

- The playlists need more column options for album, size, bitrate, location, track #, etc.

- The side information bar needs more information options as well.

- I can't seem to be able to delete individual songs/albums from the library. That would be useful.

- Scheduled library update (Does Winyl work with Windows 7's media library API?)

- I'm not a fan of "trees" which is one reason I like the iTunes interface. I like that Winyl gives the option of hiding the tree with the artwork/info pane but it would be nice to be able to display all songs in the library by various sorting methods.( maybe by clicking on the top level tree entry ( Artist, Album, Year...etc))

I'll add more to the thread as I think of them.  ;D  TIA.

May 20, 2009, 01:06:25 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »
- It would be nice to control the volume with the mouse wheel when the cursor is above the lower bar, or at least above the volume control.
Will be.

- The playlists need more column options for album, size, bitrate, location, track #, etc.
- The side information bar needs more information options as well.
- I'm not a fan of "trees" which is one reason I like the iTunes interface...
How Winyl looks is dependent on the selected skin, at now all the skins of one minimalistic type, in the future will be other types of skin and the choice will be more.

- I can't seem to be able to delete individual songs/albums from the library. That would be useful.
Will be.

- Scheduled library update
Maybe it would be as an advanced option.

Does Winyl work with Windows 7's media library API?
No.

May 24, 2009, 05:43:41 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 05:43:41 AM »
great player but needs more features. more skins. compatibility with foxytunes.a "get album artwork" feature would be nice. ;D.

May 25, 2009, 05:13:00 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
'get album artwork' is planned, but it is not priority task.

July 13, 2009, 10:42:12 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
First of all - thanks for this great software. It's just something what I was looking for - simple, clean, small, and do what it's supposed to do.
But it would be nice to see features such as playing Audio CDs with freedb support, and timer - you know this little neat option to stop playing/shutdown palyer or even computer, after period of time or at the end of playlist. And maybe support for Winamp dsp plugins? There's many users sticking with WA just because it has things such as Enhancer etc.
Please consider my sugesstions and keep working on it! Regards

July 16, 2009, 11:18:45 AM
Reply #5
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »
Audio CDs and the internet services (like freedb etc..) is planned. About timer and dsp plugins I can not say anything at this moment, but it's good ideas, we'll think about it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:20:30 AM by Alexander »

July 23, 2009, 08:21:43 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »
It would be very useful to add the tag "Band" in the media library in addittion to Artist, Album, Year, etc...

I use the tag band in the Various Artists albums

Example: In a Movie Soundtrack album

track: 01
band: Various Artists
artist: Marilyn Manson
title: Rock Is Dead
album: The Matrix

track: 02
band: Various Artists
artist: Propellerheads
title: Spybreak
album: The Matrix

and so on...
so... when I open the "Various Artists" tag inside Band, the Matrix album will show me all the songs in it...
Sorry for my poor english...  :(

July 24, 2009, 05:05:35 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 05:05:35 AM »
also it would be great to have a search box :D

July 28, 2009, 10:10:58 AM
Reply #8
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 10:10:58 AM »
It would be very useful to add the tag "Band" in the media library in addittion to Artist, Album, Year, etc...
I think the "Band" tag will not help entirely with this problem, but we're working to resolve.

also it would be great to have a search box :D
It's planned.

October 29, 2009, 10:09:23 AM
Reply #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »
Thanks, a very nice software. I was tired of Aimp, Winamp and others. This player shows me a light in the tunnel.

In the playlist, I try to drag a song up... but when I reached the top, I have to climb the list manually. Could the song up or down the list?

Maybe a "miniplayer" mode and "always top" would be great :)

And last... search box is really really useful :). I know that it is planned :D thanks.

This is it. And again, great work, thank you so much.

PD: Can we follow you on someone Twitter for news :D?

October 29, 2009, 09:17:26 PM
Reply #10
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »
In the playlist, I try to drag a song up... but when I reached the top, I have to climb the list manually. Could the song up or down the list?
I think this defect will be fixed in the near future, now you can use the mouse scroll (just hold the mouse button while scrolling).

Maybe a "miniplayer" mode and "always top" would be great :)
Miniplayer is planned.

And last... search box is really really useful :). I know that it is planned :D thanks.
Yes, search will be in the version 1.8 it will be released within 1-2 mouths. Version 1.7 will be released in Monday.

PD: Can we follow you on someone Twitter for news :D?
Good idea, I'm created a Twitter account for news - http://twitter.com/vinylsoft