Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Winyl 3.0 RC3  (Read 52634 times)

January 14, 2014, 12:11:57 PM
Reply #15
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Winyl 3.0 Beta
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
Beta 2 Released
See first post for download link and list of changes.

Okay here they are, I made some screenshot in different cases: Screen1 - Screen2 - Screen3 - Screen4 - Screen5
Thanks, I'll see what's going on there. And forgot to ask, does the previous version have this problem?

January 17, 2014, 03:49:21 PM
Reply #16
Re: Winyl 3.0 Beta
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »
Thanks, I'll see what's going on there. And forgot to ask, does the previous version have this problem?

Yes, latest stable 2.9.4 behave the same way.

Anyway found little bug only in portable version, it doesn't show drive letter in folder section in library -> http://i.imgur.com/dvP8yhG.png
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:58:17 PM by mymmo »

January 26, 2014, 02:54:20 AM
Reply #17
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Winyl 3.0 Beta 3
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 02:54:20 AM »
Beta 3 Released

Anyway found little bug only in portable version, it doesn't show drive letter in folder section in library
Fixed.

- When searching status line shows wrong or incomplete results most of the times.
- A couple of times (1 out of 100, happened when I was editing my skin) the program has crashed when typing in the searchbox.
Fixed.

By the way I'm not sure that the crash is fixed (I have not been able to reproduce this), so let me know if it still happens.

January 31, 2014, 02:25:59 AM
Reply #18
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 02:25:59 AM »
Great!  :)
So far so good, status line shows correct information, lyrics (I used them only through UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag) work good but sometimes (1 out of 30) when I'm changing tracks really quickly they do not appear at the first try, I have to restart the song (not a big issue, seems loading time related).
Program crashed another time, but I was not searching, I maximized the window from the win 8.1 taskbar after a 20 minutes playing and it froze, I would not blame Winyl by the way but I don't really know what caused it  :-\
Anyway I added lyrics support to SimpleFlat!  ;)

Edit:
Found windows report.wer file of the crash, maybe it could be useful -> http://pastebin.com/7j1qidHN
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:33:25 AM by mymmo »

February 01, 2014, 01:14:36 PM
Reply #19
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
but sometimes (1 out of 30) when I'm changing tracks really quickly they do not appear at the first try
Will be fixed in the next beta.

Program crashed another time, but I was not searching, I maximized the window from the win 8.1 taskbar after a 20 minutes playing and it froze
It's definitely also connected with lyrics. Do you remember what track was playing when you restore the player from the taskbar?
Try to minimize the player, wait until this track will play again, and restore the player from the taskbar (lyrics must be visible in the skin). Let me know the results.

February 05, 2014, 01:57:39 AM
Reply #20
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 01:57:39 AM »
It's definitely also connected with lyrics. Do you remember what track was playing when you restore the player from the taskbar?
Try to minimize the player, wait until this track will play again, and restore the player from the taskbar (lyrics must be visible in the skin). Let me know the results.

I do not remember which track I was playing but I'm quite sure it had no lyrics tag since I added them only to few tracks... I repeated the procedure with every track with lyrics and it's working fine, never had a crash anymore, so strange, that's why I think it may be my computer's fault.

Anyway I would like to ask you if you're going to add lyrics related string ("nothing is playing" "lyrics not found") to the .xml translation file so that we can translate them... And also I would like to know if it's normal that radio time (http://i.imgur.com/chan3SK.png) is always 8.88.

Thank you, Winyl is getting better :)

February 10, 2014, 11:14:24 PM
Reply #21
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Winyl 3.0 Beta 4
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 11:14:24 PM »
Beta 4 Released

Important if you're using Beta 1/2/3
In Beta 4 was fixed critical bug with database of the library and the new database structure is not compatible with the previous beta versions.
so you need to remove all files from %appdata%/Winyl folder and copy files from backup that you made earlier.
For portable version you need to remove Profile folder.
Otherwise, the new version won't run.

I repeated the procedure with every track with lyrics and it's working fine, never had a crash anymore, so strange, that's why I think it may be my computer's fault.
In any case, I rewrote the code of lyrics function, so it should work without any problems now.

Anyway I would like to ask you if you're going to add lyrics related string ("nothing is playing" "lyrics not found") to the .xml translation file so that we can translate them...
All the new strings will be added to language .xml file when first release candidate will release.

And also I would like to know if it's normal that radio time (http://i.imgur.com/chan3SK.png) is always 8.88.
This is normal, I just don't like how 0:00 looks :)

February 12, 2014, 01:06:21 AM
Reply #22
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 01:06:21 AM »
Just perfect so far, lyrics from Internet is a killer feature ;D
I can help translating those string in Italian, just waiting for RC :P

February 15, 2014, 05:28:22 PM
Reply #23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
Added receiving lyrics from the Internet.

Question:
I saw that you have 7 pre-defined lyrics providers. Does the search for lyrics go through all of them before he prints "no lyrics found"?
If yes, then I think I found a bug. I played a song that I was sure it has lyrics on the net. Winyl didn't find its lyrics until I manually set the provider to specific provider (songlyrics.com, in my case). Is that normal?

And a suggestion:
Is it possible that Winyl will support user defined radio station (by entering the streaming URL)? I understand that v3.0 is already in Beta, so new features will not be part of it, but can this be part of future release?

February 16, 2014, 11:09:26 AM
Reply #24
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
I saw that you have 7 pre-defined lyrics providers. Does the search for lyrics go through all of them before he prints "no lyrics found"?
If yes, then I think I found a bug.
No, Winyl uses only selected provider. Considering that lyrics.wikia.com has the largest database of lyrics, if lyrics is not found there then with a high probability it will not be found on the other sites.
So the other lyrics sites added for reason that lyrics.wikia.com doesn't work or doesn't suit you for some reason.
This behaviour can be changed in the future if I'll get feedback from many users that it doesn't work properly, but now I do not want to complicate 'receiving lyrics' function, it will be slower in this case.

Is it possible that Winyl will support user defined radio station (by entering the streaming URL)? I understand that v3.0 is already in Beta, so new features will not be part of it, but can this be part of future release?
You can add user defined radio station to playlist through Main menu->Add to playlist->Radio/URL

February 21, 2014, 03:28:46 PM
Reply #25
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »
Old skins: Windows Media XP, Windows Media Seven, Luna Black and Luna Black Aqua will be removed from release version.

Hi, there, Alexander. Glad to see that you're back working on Winyl again, which has been my prefered audio player in Windows for a while. I have been keeping Winyl's entry in TPFC updated regarding recent development (check comments at http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=2110).

I have a couple of suggestions, now that you're working on this. First, I noticed that you're dumping the Windows XP related skins for the next release and I wanted to ask if that includes the one I use (and all time favorite): Luna Blue. You see, I'm still using Windows XP and I plan to stick with it for as long as I can. It would be a pity if updating Winyl would stop being an option because of visual issues.

Second, I want to urge you to consider including stream buffering to improve recording with Winyl. Right now, when you press the record button, Winyl starts recording at the current point in the stream, contrary to what RadioSure (for example) does, which is pick up at the begining of the current song, using buffering for this. I'm not sure, but I think ScreamerRadio (currently DotNET dependent) did precisely the same.

Lastly, I want to request a Mini Player settings change. Currently, one can only choose between 'Always on top' and 'Always on Desktop'; I would like to have an option to have it behave like a normal window that can be brought to the front and sent to the back as other program windows do.

I'm sorry for your late woes IRL. Thanks for all your work and your generosity. Thanks for listening.

EDIT: After browsing the forums, I'm unsure if should have posted this to the Questions forum. If you think so, do tell, and I'll move my post. 8)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:55:48 PM by Alexander »

February 21, 2014, 10:54:32 PM
Reply #26
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 10:54:32 PM »
I have a couple of suggestions, now that you're working on this. First, I noticed that you're dumping the Windows XP related skins for the next release...
The old skins will still be working with the new version. I just don't plan to support them anymore, it's meaning that new features will not be added to these skins, like lyrics window for example. It's really hard to support so many skins. And also I'll exclude the skins from Winyl installer, but I'll upload skin pack with the old skins here on the forum.

Second, I want to urge you to consider including stream buffering to improve recording with Winyl. Right now, when you press the record button, Winyl starts recording at the current point in the stream...
I don't quite understand you, Winyl does not have recording ability.

Lastly, I want to request a Mini Player settings change. Currently, one can only choose between 'Always on top' and 'Always on Desktop'; I would like to have an option to have it behave like a normal window...
This option does not exist because Mini Player is not a normal window, Mini Player does not appear in a taskbar, so it hard to bring it to the front for example.
Anyway if you need this option I'll add it to the next beta, it's not a big deal.

February 23, 2014, 05:10:00 PM
Reply #27
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
I will be glad to see support for Cue sheets. In fact the Cue sheets were the reason to register to this forum. I saw this feature had already been suggested and the developer plans to implement it- great news for me since I have a huge number of single lossless files (APEs, FLACs, WVs) plus Cue sheets. I hope that Winyl will be able to render Cue sheets the way AIMP and foobar2000 do! Thanks for the developer for this great player and for the planned support for Cue sheets!

February 24, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
Reply #28
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 10:39:41 PM »
I will be glad to see support for Cue sheets.
It still planned. I'm afraid I don't have enough time to add this feature to version 3.0, and release is already delayed. But it will be added to version 3.1.

February 26, 2014, 01:48:52 PM
Reply #29
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
The old skins will still be working with the new version. I just don't plan to support them anymore, it's meaning that new features will not be added to these skins, like lyrics window for example. It's really hard to support so many skins. And also I'll exclude the skins from Winyl installer, but I'll upload skin pack with the old skins here on the forum.

I understand perfectly. I also think having them at the forum is a very reasonable solution. I just wish you keep their individual threads so they can be updated at leisure by whomever wants. 8)

I don't quite understand you, Winyl does not have recording ability.

Sorry, my mistake. Count it as a request for recording capabilities, then (in fact, buffered stream capture will be more than enough...). :P

Lastly, I want to request a Mini Player settings change. Currently, one can only choose between 'Always on top' and 'Always on Desktop'; I would like to have an option to have it behave like a normal window...

Anyway if you need this option I'll add it to the next beta, it's not a big deal.

I would really appreciate it, since it would simplify operating Winyl a great deal -- I keep it mini and on desktop because my screen is small(ish), but whenever I have to skip or mute, I have to minimize all other windows to get to Winyl (as I said, I'm still on XP, so this isn't as straightforward as with 7, e.g.).

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:02:00 PM by Midas »